A List Of The Most Interesting Computer Science Research Paper Topics
If you are on the look-out for interesting computer science research/term papers, there quite a good number of them, especially online. Listed below are some of the interesting topics and a little overview of each one. They are:
- MapReduce: Simplified Data Processing on Large Clusters: This topic centres on the parallelization technique which aids in breaking down huge computations into chunks that are easily executed and recombined.
- Latent Dirichlet Allocation: The short form is LDA and is built around the classification of objects based on their underlying topics. It is especially beneficial to those whose sub-discipline falls under artificial intelligence.
- Toward The Next Generation Of Recommender Systems: Another interesting research/term paper topic that appeals greatly to information retrieval researchers, it covers recommendation algorithms and at the same time, classifies them into hybrid, collaborative or content-based.
- The Anatomy Of A Large-Scale Hypertextual Search Engine: It is mainly a historical analysis of a search engine that has come to stay – Google. The paper is based on the discussion by Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the founders of Google, telling the process of creating the dominant search engine and how it worked then.
- Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction: As a machine learning paper, this particular topic is built around a technique which is comparable to biology based on its assertion that the behaviour of an intelligent agent is controlled by the amount of positive stimuli it receives in an environment, especially one where there are various other positive and negative stimuli.
- Distinctive Image Features From Scale-Invariant Keypoints: Still on the list of most interesting computer science research/term paper topics, this is another interesting paper. It centres on the processes of identifying objects in a video stream, regardless of whether such objects are near or far from the camera.
- A Mathematical Theory Of Communication: This is a fundamental paper that talks about the theory of sending communications down a noisy channel. It also demonstrates some key engineering parameters including entropy, which is about the range of states of a given communication.
- Convex Optimization: Still another informative and interesting research/term paper topic, this paper is designed around an optimization technique used in signal processing. With convex optimization, there are greater chances of finding provably optimal solution to most optimization problems.
- The Semantic Web: In this paper, Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the World Wide Web, talks about his vision concerning the future of the web. It is also unique in its own way, being a descriptive piece unlike most other research/term papers that are usually primary researches.